17 April 2013|
The Challenge has been met, the votes have been tallied, and now Phoenix Gold® (www.phoenixgold.com) is proud to announce the winners of its first annual Builder’s Challenge. Launched in the Spring of 2012, Phoenix Gold Builder’s Challenge was created to highlight technical skill, artistic creativity and engineering ingenuity of build teams and car clubs across the globe. Throughout the competition, teams rallied fans and built buzz via social media, and the final builds were judged 100% by the public at www.phoenixgold.com/builderschallenge.
In total, more than 30 teams entered vehicles into the competition. There was only rule: each build must prominently feature Phoenix Gold amps, subs and speakers. When all the online votes were tallied, these teams rose to the top:
1. HEMI C by Industry Auto Designs of Las Vegas, NV, USA
2. ICE-Xtra SoundConnected by United Carshops of Zwolle, Netherlands
3. Fuerza Skyline by Fuerza Audio of Zolder, Belgium
4. Phoenix "Gold" Mustang by JC Audio of Jackson, TN, USA
5. The Wicked One by Mars Car Electronics of Leeuwarden, Netherlands
USA Top 5
1. HEMI C by Industry Auto Designs of Las Vegas, NV
2. Phoenix "Gold" Mustang by JC Audio of Jackson, TN
3. dailydrivr2012 by Stereo & Video Center/ JMH Audio Concepts of Tyler, TX
4. No Joke PT by Elite Autosport & Autosound of Beaverton ,OR
5. Sound Made Simple by Newport Autosound of Costa Mesa, CA
Europe Top 5
1. ICE-Xtra SoundConnected by United Carshops of Zwolle, Netherlands
2. Fuerza Skyline by Fuerza Audio of Zolder, Belgium
3. The Wicked One by Mars Car Electronics of Leeuwarden, Netherlands
4. No Limit Tuning by Lambardo Elite of Amsterdam, Netherlands
5. Dutchy by Peels Selected Car-Electronics of Helmond, Netherlands
Teams competed for more than international bragging rights and publicity; Phoenix Gold presented the winners with a prizes worth more than $20,000.
According to Tracy Hoeft, Director of Marketing for Phoenix Gold, “We were amazed and astonished at the level of artistry, passion and innovation that went into the builds. We want to thank each and every team that participated and made the Builder’s Challenge such a fun and exciting competition for us and Phoenix Gold fans everywhere. If this competition is an indication, the world of custom car building is as alive as ever, and we can’t wait to see what will happen when the Builder’s Challenge returns in 2013.”
Phoenix Gold has pushed the limits of high-performance mobile audio since it was first founded back in 1985. The perfect fusion of retro styling and state of the art technology, Phoenix Gold amplifiers, subwoofers and speakers deliver solid reliability, gorgeous sound quality and massive performance. For more information about Phoenix Gold products, visit http://www.phoenixgold.com.
Phoenix Gold was acquired in September of 2009 by Florida-based AAMP of America. AAMP of America is a global supplier of award-winning car and home audio video accessories, installation supplies and OEM integration solutions. AAMP of America brands include Stinger®, the Pacific Accessory Corporation TM, Best Kits & Harnesses®, Select Products®, Sound Quest TM and iSimple®. For more information, visit www.aampofamerica.com.