Global Rallycross (GRC) confirms its 2013 schedule will total nine rounds including races on three different continents in conjunction with Global X Games events in Foz do Iguaçu (Brazil), Barcelona (Spain) and Munich (Germany).
As one of the fastest growing forms of motorsport, rallycross combines the best aspects of circuit racing, off-road racing and rally competition.
The series is made up of four Global X Games events and five GRC events to total nine rounds that will culminate in the crowning of both a driver’s champion and manufacturer’s champion.
The 2013 championship features live broadcasts on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 available in over 198 countries. With more than 15 hours of primetime live content on major networks, the telecast package comprises the most expansive television coverage that the sport of rallycross has ever seen.
The series’ star drivers include Ken Block, Brian Deegan, Travis Pastrana, Scott Speed and 2011 and 2012 GRC Champion Tanner Foust.
The 2013 Global Rallycross schedule:
- April 21: GRC at X Games: Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
- May 19: GRC at X Games: Barcelona, Spain
- June 29 & 30: GRC at X Games: Munich, Germany*
- July 11: New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon NH
- July 20: Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol TN
- August 04: GRC at X Games: Irwindale Speedway, CA
- August 10: Atlanta Motor Speedway, Atlanta, GA
- September 22: Charlotte Motor Speedway, Charlotte, NC
- November 07: Las Vegas, NV
*Barcelona rainout makeup race on June 29