03 June 2014|
Vaughn Gittin Takes His Second Consecutive Event Victory!
Formula DRIFT entered Homestead-Miami Speedway for the first time for Round 3: Miami Heat. Vaughn Gittin, Jr. in the Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR takes his second consecutive victory.
Round 3: Miami Heat entered Homestead-Miami Speedway for the first time. The Pro Championship competition highlighted a jam-packed weekend of activities that included the kick-off of the PRO 2 Series competition and Offset Kings car show.
“Homestead-Miami Speedway provided a great new venue for our Championship,” says Jim Liaw, President of Formula DRIFT. “The increasingly bigger fan base was treated to some impressive driving all weekend with the first event PRO 2 Series competition and Round 3 of the Pro Championship.”
The final battle pitted Vaughn Gittin , Jr. against points leader and the number one qualifier, Chris Forsberg in the Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z. The final battle was close, but Gittin was able to out perform his rival to earn his second consecutive event victory moving into second place overall in the championship standings. Forsberg retains the lead by with a ten point margin heading into the fourth round of competition. Rounding out the podium in third place was the number three qualifier, Kenny Moen in the Achilles Radial / Bridges Racing Nissan 240SX.
“It feels really amazing to be here and come to a brand new track and work with my team to get my Monster Energy, Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR on rails to be able to hit every mark and compete with some of the best drivers in the world,” said Vaughn Gittin Jr., winner of Round 3: Miami Heat. “Back to back wins is just amazing and we are working hard and it just feels good that its paying off and I’m just pumped.”
The 2014 Formula DRIFT Championship season continues with Round 4: The Gauntlet at Wall Speedway in New Jersey on June 20-21. For more information visit: www.formuladrift.com and find Formula DRIFT on Instagram @formulad, Facebook www.facebook.com/formuladrift and Twitter @FormulaD.
Formula DRIFT Professional Championship Presented by GoPro 2014 Standings After Three Rounds
1. Forsberg, Chris Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z 263.00 Points
2. Gittin Jr., Vaughn Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR 253.00 Points
3. Moen, Kenneth Bridges Racing Nissan 240SX 205.50 Points
4. Aasbo, Fredric Hankook Tire Scion Racing tC 189.50 Points
5. Pawlak, Justin Falken Tire Ford Mustang 140.00 Points
6. Nishida, Robbie Achilles Radial / Bridges Racing Lexus SC300 132.50 Points
7. Wang, Forrest Get Nuts Lab / Hankook Tire / STR Racing Nissan S14 129.50 Points
8. Bakchis, Aurimas Feal Suspension / Nitto Tire Nissan 240SX 121.00 Points
9. McQuarrie, Tyler GoPro Mobil 1Chevrolet Camaro 114.00 Points
10. Essa, Michael Essa Autosport / Yokohama BMW M3 109.00 Points
11. McNamara, Darren Falken Tire Nissan S14 102.00 Points
12. DeNofa, Chelsea BC Racing Nitto Tire BMW 3-Series 92.00 Points
13. Grunewald, Conrad Megan Racing / Top 1 Oil / BRE Chevrolet Camaro 90.50 Points
14. Tuerck, Ryan Retaks Maxxis Tires Air Force PSI Scion FR-S 90.50 Points
15. Gushi, Ken GReddy Performance X Scion Racing Drift FR-S V2 89.00 Points
16. Field, Matt CX Racing / Nitto Tire Nissan 240SX 84.50 Points
Round 3: Miami Heat Event Results
1. Gittin Jr., Vaughn Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR Winner
2. Forsberg, Chris Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z 2nd Place
3. Moen, Kenny Bridges Racing Nissan 240SX 3rd Place
Manufacturers Championship Standings After Three Rounds
1. Ford 393.00 Points
2. Nissan 334.50 Points
3. Scion 312.00 Points
4. Chevy 204.50 Points
5. BMW 201.00 Points
Tire Championship Standings After Three Rounds
1. Hankook 452.50 Points
2. Nitto 422.00 Points
3. Achilles 338.00 Points
4. Falken 242.00 Points
5. Yokohama 128.00 Points
More at www.formulad.com.