04 October 2010|
This One Has a V-10 and is Race-ready!!!
* Mopar® Challenger V-10 Drag Pak built for sanctioned NHRA Stock and Super Stock configurations
* Priced at $85,512, Mopar to build 70 serialized units
* Production starts 1Q 2011, applications available now at local Dodge dealerships or at www.mopar.com
* Past Mopar Challenger Drag Pak model-year programs sold out (2009 and 2010)
Racers rejoice. Mopar is dropping a V-10 into the iconic Dodge Challenger.
The new race-only V-10 powered rear-wheel drive 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak features an 8.4-liter 512 cubic-inch engine with a 2-speed automatic transmission. Mopar will showcase its new drag car this evening at the Dodge Viper Owner’s Invitational in Salt Lake City. The vehicle will then make its way to the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas from Nov. 2-5, and the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) show in Orlando from Dec. 9-11.
“With the introduction of our new 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak, Mopar will be the only place to get a factory-built V-10-powered race-ready drag car,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “Mopar’s new Challenger Drag Pak is a race rocket that will appeal to racers, collectors, dealers, and Dodge Viper owners.”
Based on the 2011 Dodge Challenger and finished in a Stock Eliminator and Super Stock configuration, the 2011 Mopar Challenger V-10 Drag Pak is the first and only 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car. The car features competition wheels and tires, a Mopar solid rear axle with performance gear ratio, a 2-speed drag race transmission with integrated roll control, a complete competition fuel system with fuel cell, and a complete interior with gauge package.
The Mopar Challenger V-10 Drag Pak features a Bright White paint scheme with color options. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $85,512 and production begins early next year.
Mopar offers three options with this vehicle. First, the Competition Package includes an eight-point roll cage, six-point safety harness and a mesh window net (MSRP: $7,950, part number P5155820). Second, a Mopar logo body wrap (MSRP: $950, part number P5155892) and a range of body colors (MSRP: $6,800, part number P5155893). With the Competition Package, the car is ready to go down the drag strip.
Orders must be submitted using the Mopar Challenger V-10 Drag Pak Application, which is available now at www.Mopar.com , the Mopar Direct Connection Tech Line at 888-528-HEMI (4364), or a local Dodge dealer. Customers should work with their local Dodge dealer to submit their application.
2011 Mopar Challenger V-10 Drag Pak Highlights
* Identification plate with unique serial number sequence
* Primed and painted body, color options available
* 512 cid V-10 engine
* Unique engine calibration
* 2-speed automatic transmission with shift assembly and built-in roll control
* Special body-in-white modified for drag racing
o No windshield wiper assembly
o No HVAC system (includes block off plates)
o No rear seats
o No power-steering system
o No underbody heat shields
o Complete fuel cell assembly
o Race headers with collectors
o Modified tunnel for transmission clearance and one-piece drive shaft
o Raised floor above differential for solid-axle conversion clearance
* Polycarbonate door windows
* Smart-glass door window system
* Solid engine mounts
* Mopar solid rear axle
* Lightweight seats to accommodate 6-point harness
* Special modified K-member with drop-out crossmember
* Lightweight drag-race only front brake assembly
* Manual rack-and-pinion steering
* Front chin spoiler
* Lightweight cooling module with electric fan
* Lightweight instrument panel assembly
* Special cable-operated decklid release
* Special cable-operated throttle pedal and linkage
* Race-style wheels and tires