The Formula DRIFT organizers recruited nine (9) drivers from its premier PRO Championship to join them for the second annual Skills Battle presented by Turn 14 Distribution. This year's Skills Battle took place at The House of Drift – Irwindale Speedway near Los Angeles – and challenged the teams, drivers and fans to prepare for the start of the new season, which returned to its traditional eight-round national series format.
PASMAG Features Editor, Ricky Chu was on-site and had a chat with Trenton Beechum.
- Aurimas Bakchis (Lithuania) – Falken Tire / Feal Suspension Nissan S15
- Trenton Beechum (USA) – Clonex Racing / Nexen Tire Ford Mustang
- Dan Burkett (USA) – RAD Industries / GearWrench / GT Radial Toyota Supra
- Rome Charpentier (USA) – Garagistic / Federal Tire BMW E36
- Michael Essa (USA) – FCP Euro / Liqui Moly / GT Radial BMW M3
- Dylan Hughes (USA) – Royal Purple / GT Radial BMW E46
- Jeff Jones (USA) – Jeff Jones Racing / GT Radial Nissan 370Z
- Kyle Mohan (USA) – KMR / Renewable Lubricants / Mazdatrix Mazda RX-8
- Daijiro Yoshihara (Japan) – Turn 14 Distribution / Falken Tire / ENEOS Oil Subaru BRZ