The Formula DRIFT organizers recruited nine (9) drivers from its premier PRO Championship to join them for the second annual Skills Battle presented by Turn 14 Distribution. This year's Skills Battle took place at The House of Drift – Irwindale Speedway near Los Angeles – and challenged the teams, drivers and fans to prepare for the start of the new season, which returned to its traditional eight-round national series format.
PASMAG Features Editor, Ricky Chu was on-site and had a chat with Aurimas "Odi" Bakchis.
- Aurimas Bakchis (Lithuania) – Falken Tire / Feal Suspension Nissan S15
- Trenton Beechum (USA) – Clonex Racing / Nexen Tire Ford Mustang
- Dan Burkett (USA) – RAD Industries / GearWrench / GT Radial Toyota Supra
- Rome Charpentier (USA) – Garagistic / Federal Tire BMW E36
- Michael Essa (USA) – FCP Euro / Liqui Moly / GT Radial BMW M3
- Dylan Hughes (USA) – Royal Purple / GT Radial BMW E46
- Jeff Jones (USA) – Jeff Jones Racing / GT Radial Nissan 370Z
- Kyle Mohan (USA) – KMR / Renewable Lubricants / Mazdatrix Mazda RX-8
- Daijiro Yoshihara (Japan) – Turn 14 Distribution / Falken Tire / ENEOS Oil Subaru BRZ
For more information, visit formulad.com and turn14.com.
Features Editor: Ricky Chu (@rikdaddy) / Videographer: Mikey Dang (@photo_md)
(As seen in PASMAG Tuning 365 Episode 33 on REV TV Canada)
No Doors. No Care.: Christopher Simpson's 2008 Nissan 350Z
With no intentions in modifying the 2008 Nissan 350Z much, the tide turned for Christopher Simpson when he was rear-ended in an accident. He started...
2022 Formula DRIFT Tickets Available For Streets of Long Beach
With Formula DRIFT returning to the Streets of Long Beach in just ten weeks, tickets are now available for fans to experience all the action and...
Thinking Outside The Box: Mike LaCoste's 2001 Lexus IS300
The IS300 platform has seen a meteoric rise in popularity among tuners and drivers alike in recent years. With a 1JZ-GTE swap, and some unique styling...
Giving Zilla A Breath: Maya Gann-Bociek's 1987 Nissan Skyline
Here’s one you don’t see every day! There’s something so retro-cool about the R31 Skyline that predated the “Godzilla” models we all know and love....
Curb Appeal: Rachel Ellingsen's 2008 Chevrolet Corvette
There’s just something about the C6 Corvette that appeals to us so much, so when our former Tuner Battlegrounds Championship Runner-Up, Rachel...
2021 Pit+Paddock Cars+Coffee Los Angeles
Pit+Paddock brought a taste of the 2021 The SEMA Show to Southern California at Brekkie Car Club HQ in Los Angeles on the morning of Nov 20th for...