The Formula DRIFT organizers recruited nine (9) drivers from its premier PRO Championship to join them for the second annual Skills Battle presented by Turn 14 Distribution. This year's Skills Battle took place at The House of Drift – Irwindale Speedway near Los Angeles – and challenged the teams, drivers and fans to prepare for the start of the new season, which returned to its traditional eight-round national series format.
PASMAG Features Editor, Ricky Chu was on-site and had a chat with 2011 Formula DRIFT Champion, Daijiro Yoshihara.
- Aurimas Bakchis (Lithuania) – Falken Tire / Feal Suspension Nissan S15
- Trenton Beechum (USA) – Clonex Racing / Nexen Tire Ford Mustang
- Dan Burkett (USA) – RAD Industries / GearWrench / GT Radial Toyota Supra
- Rome Charpentier (USA) – Garagistic / Federal Tire BMW E36
- Michael Essa (USA) – FCP Euro / Liqui Moly / GT Radial BMW M3
- Dylan Hughes (USA) – Royal Purple / GT Radial BMW E46
- Jeff Jones (USA) – Jeff Jones Racing / GT Radial Nissan 370Z
- Kyle Mohan (USA) – KMR / Renewable Lubricants / Mazdatrix Mazda RX-8
- Daijiro Yoshihara (Japan) – Turn 14 Distribution / Falken Tire / ENEOS Oil Subaru BRZ
For more information, visit formulad.com and turn14.com.
Features Editor: Ricky Chu (@rikdaddy) / Videographer: Mikey Dang (@photo_md)
(As seen in PASMAG Tuning 365 Episode 33 on REV TV Canada)
No Doors. No Care.: Christopher Simpson's 2008 Nissan 350Z
With no intentions in modifying the 2008 Nissan 350Z much, the tide turned for Christopher Simpson when he was rear-ended in an accident. He started...
FCP Euro To Sponsor 2022 Formula DRIFT PROSPEC Championship
While continuing to sponsor Formula DRIFT PRO Champion Michael Essa after strong campaigns in 2020 and 2021, FCP Euro has decided to...
RB VS Everybody: Ryan Litteral's 1999 Nissan Silvia
The General of the RB Army, Ryan Litteral, on his trials and tribulations on the road to the perfect drift S15 The Formula Drift Pro grid is a...
Formula DRIFT and PASMAG Continue Successful Tuning 365 Car Show Series
Formula DRIFT and PASMAG are excited to announce the 2022 Tuning 365 Tour schedule following a successful inaugural tour in 2021. There will be five...
The Spirit of Going Sideways: Aaron Leavitt 1992 Nissan Silvia
Seeing a dream come to life is one of the most fulfilling things that can happen to a person. From the moment Aaron Leavitt saw early-2000s footage of...
One Giant Leap in the Right Direction: Keith Jose's 2010 Subaru WRX STI
You’ve packed up the show car - freshly wrapped in gloss gold metallic vinyl - with all the essentials, including your significant other and kids. You...