Photography by David Barnhouse (@shutter.studios.david)
Before he owned his 2008 Mini Cooper S, Charlie Schlieve Jr didn’t have any prior build experience. All he knew is that he wanted to build something different that stood out, and after noticing there weren’t many modified Mini Coopers in his area, he knew what he was going to do.
Building the Mini Cooper was a learning experience for Schlieve Jr, and he says it has been incredibly fun along the way.
His father runs an automotive shop and works for a race team, so constantly being around cars while growing up gave him the knowledge he needed to push forward.
Schlieve Jr likes to keep changing things up, so interior trims, wrap ideas, and wheels are constantly on the fly.
What started out as a simple addition of wheels and tires quickly snowballed into a one-of-a-kind creation as the car scene had an influence.
With help from Rotiform for wheels, and Sticker Dude for vinyl design, the Mini has been transformed into the stand-out ride it was meant to be.
Owner: Charlie Schlieve Jr
Vehicle: 2008 Mini Cooper S
Location: Appleton, WI
Engine: BMW Prince N14 1.6L I4
Horsepower: 275 (est.)
Torque: 250 lb-ft (est.)
- Frankenturbo FR21 turbocharger
- Forge (intercooler, diverter valve)
- Mishimoto hoses
- K&N air filter
- ECS Tuning Luftek air intake
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Supertech connecting rods
- CP forged pistons
- ARP hardware
- Manic stage 3 ECU tune
- Invidia Q300 exhaust
- Milltek catless downpipe
WHEELS / TIRES / BRAKES
- Rotiform LASR wheels - 17x8 +30 (f/r)
- Federal S595 Evo tires - 195/40/17 (f/r)
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Air Lift Performance air suspension
- M7 Speed front strut bar
- Alta Performance control arms
- John Cooper Works aero kit
- ECS Tuning diffuser
- Battle Aero chassis-mount spoiler
- M7 Speed splitter
- Sneed4Speed side skirt extensions
- Aerowolf (skirt extension, spoiler endplates)
- Custom graphic vinyl wrap
- Braum (Elite seats, harnesses)
- Custom floor mats
Sneed4Speed, Fitment Industries, Charlies Automotive, Braum Racing, Stay Fresh Car Care, Vaded Mob, Sticker Dude M7 Speed