Holly Hill, FL – July 16, 2020 – Axxess® by Metra Electronics® is now shipping new integration products for a wide range of GM and BMW vehicles. Adding to the Axxess Total Control Interface Series™ (AXTC) are eight new solutions for radio replacement integration, which include vehicle-specific harnessing and the AXTC data interface. When replacing a radio, the interface utilizes patented Auto-Detect® technology1 that automatically detects the vehicle type, radio connection and preset controls, while allowing the ability to dual assign steering wheel controls. The AXTC interface also provides additional patent-pending features to give installers a single solution that offers total control. It also provides NAV outputs, accessory power and a 12-volt illumination output, in addition to retaining R.A.P. (retained accessory power). Additional features vary by vehicle application and may include chime retention, retaining balance and fade, and more.
The Total Control Interface Series is designed to work with all major radio brands. In addition to Auto-Detect, it can be manually programmed for most vehicles and will retain most settings even after battery disconnection or interface removal. Axxess has upgraded the LED feedback for simple, easier programming experience and provided improved, user-friendly instructions and a smaller interface box with a low-profile footprint. The entire series can be seen online.
New Total Control Interface Products Now Shipping:
- Designed for select 2006-2012 Chevrolet, 2006-2010 Pontiac and 2007-2009 Saturn vehicles
- Designed for select 2019-up* Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac vehicles
- Designed for select 2019-up* Chevrolet and GMC vehicles
- Designed for select 2012-2016 Chevrolet and 2012-2015 GMC vehicles
- Designed for select 2000-2013 GM vehicles, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Isuzu, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, SAAB and Saturn
- Designed for select 2006-up* GM vehicles, including Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn and Suzuki
- Designed for select 2016-2019 Chevrolet and 2016-2019 GMC vehicles
- Designed for select 2006-2013 BMW and 2007-2015 Mini Cooper vehicles
- Provides accessory power (12-volt 10-amp)
- Retains R.A.P. (retained accessory power)
- Provides 12-volt illumination output
- Upgraded simple LED feedback
- Improved user-friendly instructions
- Provides NAV outputs (parking brake, reverse, and speed sense)
- Designed to be compatible with all major radio brands
- Auto detects vehicle type, radio connection, and presets controls
- Ability to dual assign steering wheel control buttons
- Can be manually programmed for most vehicles
- Retains memory settings even after battery disconnection or interface removal
- Micro “B” USB updatable
*See the application chart at AxxessInterfaces.com for up-to-date, vehicle specific information. (1) U.S. Patent No.8257147.